SCHEDULE AND FAQs
SCHEDULE for Sunday, April 28, 2019
- 8:00 am - Doors will open. Donuts and juice will be provided! You can also pick up a t-shirt while supplies last.
- 8:30 am – Kick-Off Celebration. Location: Special Olympics Training for Life Campus. (305 Special Olympics Dr, Jefferson City, MO)
- 9:00 am – Dismissed to projects throughout the community. Ending time will vary depending on projects but should run no later than noon.
- 9:30 am – Noon – Projects throughout the community!
- What about rain? Mission JC happens rain or shine. There is always a chance that weather will impact some of our outdoor projects. If your project is canceled or adjusted due to weather, we will post updates on our website and social media. All are welcome to the kick-off at mall and we will do our best to find you another project but we may not be able to do that for everyone. You may attend worship at one of the participating churches still meeting for worship on Sunday or you may be creative in the spirit of Mission JC. Maybe visit someone at a nursing home or help a neighbor with a project or do random acts of kindness around town! Check out these churches for worship on Sunday in the event of rain: First Presbyterian; First United Methodist; Community Christian.
- What should I wear? We encourage everyone to wear our red “Mission JC” t-shirt. They are the same each year so re-wear your shirt, if you have one! T-shirts will be available on April 28 free of charge to participants while supplies last. If you would like to help offset the cost of t-shirts, a donation of $10 is welcomed! A Mission JC shirt is not required. Make sure to dress appropriately for your project and for the weather if your project is outside.
- Is there childcare? There is free childcare provided for children ages birth through age 3. If your child is able, we encourage you to bring them along on your project! There are many family-friendly projects. Preregistration for childcare is required by April 15. To preregister your child, call First Baptist Church at 573.634.3603 or email Alice Satterfield.
- What about people who just show up? Although we encourage everyone to preregister to help us cover our projects, we will have a registration table at the worship service that morning for those who still need to sign up. We want to make sure everyone feels welcome and has the opportunity to serve.