The planning team has already had their first meeting for this year's Mission JC that will be held on April 28, 2024.
Even as we begin to line up projects and enlist leaders, you can already be involved:
* Encourage your church and congregation to be involved.
* Pray for us to discover projects that will do the most good and offer opportunities for all ages.
* Pray for leaders and materials to be available.
* Pray for the publicity to be effective in reaching the community as well as volunteers.
* Pray for cooperative weather.
* Pray for the day, that people will make a difference and our love for the city will make a difference.
Rain, rain, rain ...
While there are a lot of things we control, weather is not one of them. When it rains, we make the best of it. And while certainly this impacts some of our outdoor projects, our prayers and thoughts are with those throughout our city and our state dealing with flooding. That is, by far, more important than any inconveniences we might experience.
We will update the website here Saturday and Sunday morning to advise people on which projects have been canceled. If you registered for a project, your project leader will contact you directly.
OPTIONS IF YOUR PROJECT IS CANCELED:
1. SIGN UP FOR SOMETHING ELSE. Go to our volunteer section and register for another online project while those spots are open. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate everyone.
2. CREATE YOUR OWN ACT OF SERVICE. You may also choose to do something on your own in the spirit of Mission JC as we share acts of kindness and love in the name of Christ.
3. ATTEND ANOTHER CHURCH. Some churches in our community are holding worship services on Sunday, April 30. Please consult the individual church website for service times.